Sunday 8 January 2012

A 60th birthday, a wedding venue and a new pattern


Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was lovely. We travelled home for my Dad's surprise 60th birthday. There was a mixture of family and friends and went to Mum and Dad's local Indian restaurant for a buffet. The food was really good and we had a nice gathering- quite small and low-key so as not to embarrass Dad too much. My Mum did a great job of organising everything.

Simon and bought John Bishop tickets for Dad. If it wasn't for Rachael's tweet I wouldn't even have known they were available. All four of us are going to see his show in Liverpool and we're really excited. Dad spent the early part of his childhood growing up in the Wirral so we'll make a weekend of it and he can show us around. We did visit Liverpool last year but it was a bit disastrous when the clutch failed on our mini. This year we'll be going in Giuseppe, the Fiat 500 so hopefully he won't let us down!

Dad's birthday wasn't the only exciting thing this at the weekend. We also visited a wedding venue and I think it might be THE ONE! I can't say too much until we're definite and it's all booked. I can tell you that it will be in a field, it will be beautiful and wellies will be required ...

Then finally, I also finished a repeat of my "Pattern 4" in a spare hour I had. I do hope to think of a more interesting name for the design but for now I like how understated it is and it helps me keep track of my progress. I created this pattern during the surface pattern e-course that I am taking http://dowhatyouloveforlife.com/pattern/
If you're interested in buying this design Pattern 4 is now available on Society6 as print, iPhone case etc http://society6.com/LaurenBritchford/Pattern-4_Print Please take a look.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment