Thursday 6 October 2011

Illustration Friday: Hibernate


Wow! I have to say I am really pleased with this. I've been suffering artist's block for a month or two and finally felt inspired by this ifri topic. I didn't feel under pressure to think out of the box for a change and just wanted to create something beautiful.

I have also been afraid of watercolour for years and have never really managed to use it properly. However a little video (link to follow) by the amazing childrens book illustrator Alicia Padron spurred me on.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just how I imagine hibernation to feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy thank you for your lovely comment. I just had a little browse through your blog and your illustrations are beautiful! 

    ReplyDelete